Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law. Tesco Windows and Doors is owned and operated by Job Worth Doing Limited. By purchasing the Products available from Tesco Windows and Doors, you as the customer will enter into a contract with Job Worth Doing Limited.
A. Descriptions, prices and product information
We have taken care to describe and show typical products as accurately as possible. We provide only basic product information and example installations on the Tesco Windows and Doors site. If there is anything which you do not understand, or if you wish to obtain further information about our Windows, Doors or Conservatories, please contact Customer Services on 0800 63 000 43.
Where we give a guide price for a typical installation, this will be affected by the property type, its location, construction method, the choice of glass and /or the actual survey sizes.
If, by mistake, we have under priced an item, we will not be liable to supply that item to you at the indicated guide price.
All prices are expressed inclusive of any VAT payable unless otherwise stated. The price shall be inclusive of installation to mainland UK only. For customers in the Isle of Wight, the Scottish Highlands and Islands an additional delivery and installation charge will be payable.
We try to ensure that we can always produce products from the full product range. If for any reason beyond our reasonable control we are unable to supply a particular item and you choose to continue with the remainder of any order we will not be liable to you except to ensure that you are not charged for that item. This service is currently available to mainland UK only, additional delivery and installation charges are payable for Customers in the Isle of Wight, the Scottish Highlands and Islands. This service is not currently available in either the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland.
C. Survey, Quotation and Order acceptance.
All of the products that Tesco Windows and Doors supply are made to measure specifically to suit your home. If you request a quotation we will arrange for one of our measurement surveyors to visit you at your convenience. It may be necessary for our surveyor to remove trims/render from the perimeter of certain frames to carry out a detailed survey. Our surveyor will advise you if this is needed prior to doing so and will make every effort to minimise the damage. We will not be responsible for remedying any slight damage caused during the survey if you do not then proceed with an order. The survey detailing your requirements will be returned to our head office. We will then send you a written postal quotation for the manufacture and installation of the products you have chosen based on the surveyor’s report. You will then have 30 days from the date of our quotation to return a signed copy of our purchase order to us with your deposit indicating that you wish to go ahead with the purchase. The specific terms and conditions of sale are shown on the reverse of the customer purchase order that we will send to you and which can also be seen below.
We will endeavour to install your Windows and Doors or Conservatory within your chosen delivery period. However the delivery period is only an estimate and may be affected by factors both inside and outside our control. Time is not however of the essence of any order that you place with us and the specific terms and conditions relating to our delivery estimates and remedies if we exceed the estimated delivery period are detailed on the reverse of our customer purchase order.
E. Cancellation of order
We will send you a written quotation following our surveyor’s visit and you will not be obligated to purchase anything from us until you return a signed copy of our purchase order with your deposit and authorisation that we can commence manufacture. The purchase order will also contain a cancellation slip and you may still cancel your order without penalty in the seven days following the date you signed and returned the order confirmation to us. If you cancel outside of this seven day period, manufacture may have commenced and you will be responsible for any costs that we have incurred in producing bespoke products which are suitable only for your home and which cannot then be sold to others.
F. Refund policy
If you cancel your order within seven days of returning the signed purchase order to us we will refund any deposit you have paid in full.
Tesco Windows and Doors accepts MasterCard, Visa credit and debit and also Switch and Maestro debit cards. Unfortunately we do not accept American Express, Solo or Diner's Club credit cards.
H. Clubcard Points
You will receive your Clubcard points in your account up to 1 month after confirmation of installation of your products. Standard Clubcard terms and conditions apply.
Clubcard points/vouchers cannot be used to purchase items on Tesco Windows and Doors.
By accessing this website, the visitor/user agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- Tesco Windows and Doors has taken all reasonable care in the preparation of the contents of this website to ensure the information appearing on it is accurate and up to date. We disclaim (to the extent permitted by law) all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained on this website. You should take appropriate steps to verify any information upon which you wish to rely.
- Information on this website is therefore solely for guidance purposes only and is subject to change without notice and is not intended to constitute a contract. The availability of a product on this site, the design, specification and price may change at anytime without prior notice.
- All products mentioned or which feature on this website are strictly subject to availability. The visitor/user should take appropriate steps, including seeking appropriate legal and other professional advice, to verify any information on which they may seek to rely. Photographs and artists impressions may be for illustrative purposes only.
- All intellectual property rights are reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced in any form whatsoever (which for avoidance of doubt shall include photocopying or storing it in any medium by electronic means), save in respect of normal internet site visits.
- Tesco Windows and Doors shall not be liable for any damages to or viruses that may infect your computer.
- Tesco Windows and Doors is owned by Job Worth Doing Ltd (T/A Tesco Windows and Doors) Registered in England No 06516541
Registered Office: Road 1, Winsford Industrial Estate, Winsford, CW7 3PZ
Tesco Windows and Doors
Terms and conditions detailed on our purchase order form if you decide to place an order
This agreement is made between Job Worth Doing Ltd trading as Tesco Windows and Doors and the Purchaser(s) named overleaf and may not be assigned without our prior written consent.
2 Third Party Approval
If the order is subject to a loan from a bank, building society or finance company, or third party approval including, but not limited to, approval from a landlord or local authority etc, then this agreement will become effective upon receiving written approval at our Norwich Head Office, Joseph King House, Abbey Farm Commercial Park, Horsham St Faith, Norwich, Norfolk, NR10 3JU.
Any illustrations on the Technical Survey Report or on our website are for your information only.
This agreement is conditional upon a satisfactory survey by Job Worth Doing Ltd prior to the agreement. If in the opinion of our Surveyor or Technical staff the work cannot be satisfactorily or safely carried out due to pricing omissions, access or ground conditions or building works above and beyond our scope, we will write to you with a full explanation. If no satisfactory resolution can be agreed then you or we may cancel this agreement and any deposit will be refunded.
a) Any variation of this agreement must be agreed by you and us and for clarity should be confirmed in writing/email.
b) The price will be affected by any material changes that you request or which are agreed following the survey.
c) We may make minor technical changes to the specification of your products, these will not be to the detriment of their function or appearance and will not affect the price.
a) The main purpose of our surveyor's inspection is to ascertain the feasibility of the installation shown on the schedule of works. The inspection will be confined to those areas which directly relate to the proposed installation and we will not undertake, nor shall we be responsible for, a general survey of the premises/property.
b) We will not be responsible for remedying any defect that existed before the installation or for any damage arising from such a defect.
a) The estimated delivery period will run from the date of this agreement or from the date of any subsequent variation or receipt of third party approval.
b) You agree to accept installation within the estimated delivery period. If within 6 weeks of the end of the estimated delivery period you are unable to accept installation, 80% of the purchase price is payable. Installation will then follow as soon as reasonably practicable by agreement between us.
c) If the installation has not taken place within the estimated delivery period, or we have notified you earlier that it will not do so, you may write to us requiring the work to be completed within six weeks. If the work is not completed within this extended period you may write to us cancelling the outstanding work. You will be entitled to a refund of any payment in excess of the value of work carried out by us.
d) Neither you nor we are liable for any delay in the completion of the work which arises from causes beyond our control, (including but not limited to, fire, flooding, civil disturbance, strike action by others, criminal damage or acts of war).
8 Additional Work
a) We will not undertake to move fixtures or fittings or re-site services such as pipes, cables, radiators or burglar alarms.
b) We do not undertake to refit aerial cables, telephone wires and doorbells.
c) We will make good internally and externally, but we cannot be responsible for any non- matching due to the weathering or ageing of existing finishes such as bricks, pebble dashing, rendering or tyrolean etc. We will make good to a pre-decoration standard, but will not be responsible for any redecoration or re-tiling.
d) We cannot guarantee that wallpaper, tiles, woodwork or plaster immediately adjacent to the existing frames will not be damaged when the frames are removed.
e) We cannot guarantee that any existing frames when removed will be intact for use elsewhere.
f) All existing frames or scrap materials will be removed and disposed of by us unless you specifically ask us to do otherwise prior to commencement of installation.
VAT is payable by you at the appropriate legislative rate
a)You agree to pay in full upon satisfactory installation of the products when we will give you our invoice.
b) If you withhold more money than the value of any outstanding work or delay payment of our invoice or any stage payments that are due then we will apply interest to the outstanding balance at 5% above Barclays Bank base rate, accrued on a daily basis.
c) We may ask for stage payments on conservatory projects. These will be detailed on our purchase order when we send you our quotation.
a) In addition to your statutory rights your products and installation are guaranteed for 10 years from the date of installation in respect of any fault which appears as a result of defective material or workmanship, save for building works which carry a 12 months guarantee period. This warranty is provided free of charge.
The Guarantee Does Not Cover:
i) Minor imperfections in the glass outside the scope of the Glass & Glazing Federation (GGF)'s visual quality standard.
ii) Damage or faults due to accident, misuse or neglect by you or by the use of improper cleaning materials.
iii) Re-positioning or repair of any product by you or by persons other than our personnel.
iv) Condensation caused by excess moisture in the domestic environment.
v) The colour fastness of proprietary guttering and downpipes.
b) If you sell the property you may ask us to reassign the unexpired portion of the warranty to the new owner. Such requests should be made prior to the sale. We may ask to inspect the installation before agreeing to reassignment to ensure that it has not been neglected or misused and may charge a reassignment fee and an inspection fee currently (01/11) £15.00 and £100.00 respectively plus VAT.
c) If repairs are necessary for faults arising from neglect or misuse then these would have to be carried out at your cost before reassignment could take place.
d) If the warranty is reassigned then the new owner will have the remaining period of the warranty regarding materials and workmanship.
You agree to notify us and to give us reasonable opportunity to remedy any complaint that you have. We support and undertake to work within the Code of Ethical Practice and other standards as promoted by the GGF.
13 Notice of Cancellation Rights
Please see the cancellation form on the reverse of the purchase order which we will send you with our written quotation.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions reduces your statutory rights relating to faulty goods including any failure to carry out our obligations. For further information about your rights, contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or your legal advisor.
Job Worth Doing Limited, Registered Office, My House, Road 1, Winsford Industrial Estate, Winsford, Cheshire CW7 3PZ. Registered in England No 06516541
Price Match Promise
Tesco Windows and Doors will price match any "like for like" quotation from any national window companies who operate throughout mainland UK.
The quotations must be as follows :-
1. From companies who are members of a reputable trade association such as the Glass & Glazing Federation GGF and who are also registered with FENSA.
2. On competitor's official company documentation and be less than 30 days old. The order /quotation must include deposit protection and the company's guarantee must be for at least 10 years and be supported by an insurance backed guarantee.
3. For products which are equivalent in specification and function and which are currently available from us. The window energy rating WER of the products should also be specified where applicable.
4. Whether or not you already have had a survey and quotation from us then you should send us a copy of the competitor's quotation at our Norwich Head Office before placing any order. We will compare the products and specification with our own products and validate whether the quotation qualifies for our price match offer. If any previous quotation from us to you, or the competitor's quotation is more than 30 days old, or if we are unable to price match for any other reason, then we will write to you explaining why.
5. If the competitor's quotation satisfies the terms of our price match offer, then if we have not previously carried out a survey, we will arrange a survey at your convenience. Subject to our survey/surveyor confirming that the products required for your proposed installation are the same and providing that there are no additional items required to carry out the installation above and beyond the competitor's quotation then we will write to you with a matching price offer which will then be valid for a further 30 days.
6. The price match offer is only available prior to you placing any order with us. We are unable to retrospectively price match where you have already placed an order with us or where your installation has already been completed.
7. The price match offer is only available to members of the public for installations that are intended for their own homes and in which they are permanently resident.
Tesco Windows & Doors Customer Feedback Promotion.
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these terms and conditions of entry.
2. This promotion will run indefinitely until the Promoter decides it will end (the "Promotion Period"). Throughout the Promotion Period there will be one prize draw each month. Each individual prize draw will begin at 00.00 hours on the first of each month and end at 23:59 hours on the last day of each month (the “Closing Date”). There will be a minimum of 3 prize draws.
3. Entry is open to UK mainland residents only, aged 18 years or over, and who have undertaken a home survey by the Promoter. Employees of the Promoter and anyone else professionally connected with the promotion are not permitted to enter the promotion.
4. To enter, entrants must respond to an SMS sent to them, agreeing to receive an automated call from the Promoter and upon receipt of the automated call they must provide feedback in relation to the service they received as a customer of the Promoter. Once respondents have provided the feedback they will automatically be entered into the prize draw for the draw that will be undertaken that month.
5. Entrants will only be entered into the prize draw for the month in which they provide their feedback. One entry will be made for each customer feedback reply with a maximum of one reply per invite from the Promoter.
6. Entrants must have access to a mobile phone to enter this promotion.
7. There will be no charge made to entrants to receive the automated call. Respondents will be charged at the standard rate set by their mobile network provider to respond to the SMS. Entrants may however be charged to receive the automated call if they are outside the UK and are advised to refer to their mobile network provider for further details in this regard.
8. A winner will be selected at random under the supervision of an independent observer at the end of each prize draw. Each draw will be made within seven days of the Closing Date of each individual prize draw.
9. Each winner will be allocated 1000 Tesco Clubcard points to their Tesco Clubcard (the “Prize”). Tesco Clubcard points are subject to separate terms and conditions. For full details please visit www.tesco.com/clubcard/terms. Winners who are not in possession of a Clubcard may request a temporary card from us or may nominate a friend or family member to receive the points that they have won.
10. There is no cash alternative to the Prize.
11. The winner will be notified that they have won by phone and SMS within seven days of the draw taking place, to the mobile telephone number that they supplied upon entry. They must respond to such notification in the manner explained in the notification within seven days. Failure to respond may result in the Promoter undertaking a redraw. Any redraw will be in accordance with these terms and conditions.
12. Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid and removed from the draw. The promoter's decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
13. Winner’s names are available upon request. Please send your request to email@example.com.
14. To unsubscribe from this promotion, please reply STOP to the SMS invite or email STOP to firstname.lastname@example.org with your mobile phone details.
The Promoter: Job Worth Doing Ltd (T/A Tesco Windows & Doors), Road 1, Winsford Industrial Estate, Winsford, CW7 3PZ. Company number 06516541.