- CONTEST PERIOD: The Hydro Ottawa Limited (“Hydro Ottawa”) ‘Win Your Hydro for a Year’ contest (the “Contest”) begins on October 5, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EST (the “Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win a Prize, a person must be at the time of entry into the Contest: (i) an individual legal resident of Ontario; (ii) of the age majority in Ontario; and (iii) be a primary account holder with an active residential Hydro Ottawa account in good standing. Employees of Hydro Ottawa, its affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies and the immediate family and household members of those persons are not eligible to enter the Contest. Hydro Ottawa shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. Hydro Ottawa, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. During the Contest Period, eligible Hydro Ottawa entrant may enter the Contest:
a) By signing up for up to four (4) of the following online services: (i) register for MyAccount; (ii) register for online billing; (iii) register for pre-authorized payments; and (iv) update their contact information (each an “Online Service”), with a limit of one entry for each newly registered Online Service, up to a maximum of four (4) entries per Hydro Ottawa account number; and/or
b) Automatically receive one (1) Contest entry for each Online Service(s) that they have registered for before the start of the Contest Period (prior to 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) October 5, 2021) and are eligible for additional entries listed above in Section 3 a., up to a maximum of four (4) total entries per Hydro Ottawa account number.
Total number of entries into the draw will depend on the total number of Online Services successfully completed and registered for. There are no costs associated with enrolling in the Online Services. All Contest entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET on December 31, 2021. Hydro Ottawa is not responsible for and accepts no liability for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, or incomplete entries. Any other method of entry is void. Non-compliance with any entry procedure will result in disqualification.
- PRIZES: There are four (4) Prizes available to be won. Each Prize will consist of a maximum of a fifteen-hundred Canadian dollars ($1,500.00 CAD) credit applied in full as a lump sum at the time the prize is awarded, and will appear as ‘Win Your Hydro for a Year’ credit on the winners’ electricity bills (each a “Prize” and collectively, the “Prizes”) for up to twelve (12) months. The exact Prize amount will be based on the average customer’s bill of 700 kWh per month for new customers or the average yearly bill for existing customers. The Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise. The winners’ monthly electricity bills will be deducted from the Prize amount applied at the start of the year. Once a Prize has been used/spent, all new and remaining charges will be assumed by the winner. Based on each of the winner’s energy usage, it is possible the credit may be fully used prior to the end of the twelve (12) month period. In the event the Prize amount has not fully been applied to the winners’ electricity bills by the end of the twelve (12) month period, the remaining Prize amount will expire. Hydro Ottawa reserves the right, in the event that any Prize or any component of a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason, to substitute another prize or component of a Prize of equal or greater value, without liability. LIMIT ONE (1) PRIZE PER Hydro Ottawa account number.
- WINNER SELECTION: On or about 11:00 am ET on January 12, 2022, in Ottawa, Ontario, Hydro Ottawa will randomly select four (4) entries from all eligible entries of the Contest. Two (2) entries will be selected from pre-qualified Contest entries submitted under section 3.b. of these Contest Official Rules. The remaining two (2) entries will be selected from entrants who completed any of the entry methods described in Section 3.a. of these Contest Official Rules.The chances of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
Before being declared a winner, the selected entrants will be contacted via phone or email. Hydro Ottawa will contact the selected entrant who will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question; and (b) sign and return a Declaration, Consent and Release form (the “Release Form”) in order to receive a Prize. At least two (2) attempts will be made over the five (5) days following the draw to contact the selected entrant. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted, fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, fails to complete and return the Release Form within the five (5) business days after being contacted, or cannot accept a Prize for any reason, then at Hydro Ottawa’s sole discretion, that entrant will be disqualified and another entrant will be selected by random draw from remaining eligible entries. Hydro Ottawa will contact each winner following the receipt of their correctly answered mathematical skill-testing question and a signed Release Form to arrange for application of his/her Prize to their Hydro Ottawa account. Neither Hydro Ottawa nor its affiliates will be responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a winner not being able to receive notification or for a winner not being able to respond as prescribed above.
- INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANTS: By entering the Contest, and, if applicable, completing the Release Form, each entrant: (i) releases and holds harmless Hydro Ottawa, its affiliated and related companies, shareholders, employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, contractors, sponsors, successors and assigns, (collectively the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Contest, or participating in any Prize-related activity; and (ii) agrees to fully indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims by third parties without limitation.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties assume no responsibility or liability for: (i) any lost, late, delayed, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies, or any agreement and release documents; (ii) any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur (including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry); (iii) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (iv) or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the Contest; (v) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (vi) any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telecommunication networks or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing; and (vii) any injury or damage to entrants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in the Contest.
- PRIVACY AND CONSENT: By entering the Contest, all entrants consent to the use, without compensation, of their name, including audio/video images, statements and/or photograph, or other likenesses for any publicity purpose connected with the Contest within or outside of Canada.
Each entrant hereby grants permission to Hydro Ottawa to contact them regarding any matters related to the Contest.
GENERAL: Any entrant attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest shall be disqualified. Such disqualification shall be without prejudice to Hydro Ottawa’s rights accruing and remedies subsisting under these Contest Official Rules. In addition, Hydro Ottawa shall be entitled to seek damages from the entrant for any losses incurred directly or indirectly resulting from such conduct.
The Contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Contest Official Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over Hydro Ottawa.
The Contest shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. Hydro Ottawa and all entrants hereby attorn to the jurisdiction of the courts of that Province, sitting in the City of Ottawa, Ontario, in respect of the determination of any matter, issue or dispute arising under or in respect of these Contest Official Rules and/or the Contest and agree that any such determination shall be brought solely and exclusively before such courts.
Hydro Ottawa reserves the right to amend or terminate all or any portion of the Contest at any time for any reason without prior notice.